Use service client objects to configure your applications.
>>> from google.cloud import bigquery >>> client = bigquery.Client()
When creating a client in this way, the project ID will be determined by searching these locations in the following order.
- GOOGLE_CLOUD_PROJECT environment variable
- GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS JSON file
- Default service configuration path from
$ gcloud beta auth application-default login.
- Google App Engine application ID
- Google Compute Engine project ID (from metadata server)
- You can override the detection of your default project by setting the
projectparameter when creating client objects.
>>> from google.cloud import bigquery >>> client = bigquery.Client(project='my-project')
You can see what project ID a client is referencing by accessing the
property on the client object.
>>> client.project u'my-project'
The authentication credentials can be implicitly determined from the environment or directly. See Authentication.
Logging in via
gcloud beta auth application-default login will
automatically configure a JSON key file with your default project ID and
environment variables will override the automatically configured credentials.
You can change your default project ID to
gcloud CLI tool to change the configuration.
$ gcloud config set project my-new-default-project